Thursday, September 15, 2005

Starbucks

People of different backgrounds come to Starbucks. The casual conversations are interesting.
I hear...
Complaints,
Worries,
Celebrations,
Peace,
and laughing.

One thing remains the same: We are all people.
(People who just happen to love a good cup of coffee!)

I sit with my Venti dark roast and watch two women speak. They each have two children, same ages, boys and girls. They all play together very well. I see the faces of others around me irked by the children playing. Some make their way to tables outside to continue their babble while others leave.

But the children continue playing, paying no mind to the disgruntled latte drinkers. I love their carefree laughter; their smiles are wide with joy.

What happened to us that we stopped being so carefree? When did we go from enjoying life to dreading it? Do we put ourselves in difficult circumstances that cause us weariness?

This is not what Jesus had in mind when he told us to "live life to the full". Jesus wants us to enjoy life. Enjoy it more than a cup of Starbucks coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home