Monday, October 31, 2005

A Day of Sorrow

I read with tears in my eyes the tragic death of Reverend Kyle Lake, Pastor of University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas. Kyle was only 33 years old. Kyle was married with three young children.

What pains me most about this news is the sadness his young family and friends are feeling. All the photos, I've seen of Kyle, portray him as youthful-looking, enthusiastic, and full of life. He seemed to exemplify John 10:10:

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Kyle lived his calling. To 'live' your calling takes courage no matter the circumstances, no matter the challenge. Kyle lived life to the full.

Please keep all of Kyle's family in your prayers. Please keep those who were close to him in your prayers. May God's peace and love embrace them forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home